On The Day Of Your Spray Tan
- On the day of your tan application do not use any products if you can help it such as, oils, moisturisers and make-up, deodorant or perfume /after shaves. If they are not properly removed the spray tan can look streaky, blotchy unnatural, unevenly colored and not to the spray tans fullest looking potential
- Please make sure though you do not have a shower on the day before your appointment as skin pores will be open and don’t want brown filled pores!
- Shave and exfoliate 24-48 hours hours before the appointment as this will also open your pores.
- Remove jewellery.
- Pull hair up and away from face and neck with a hair tie of some sort.
After Your Tan
- Plan ahead before your appointment by wearing loose, dark clothing and flip-flops or loose fitting shoes. Tight clothes and underwear can leave marks and ruin your tan.
- Do not exercise or swim during the development time.
- If you’re not showering until the morning then wear loose gloves or socks in bed to prevent hands accidently touching your body during your sleep and leaving hand marks on your beautiful tan.
- Do not shower or bathe for the development period (8-10 hours) after your tan.
- Use a light body wash like Sienna X Balance Body wash, it’s so mild and gentle that it won’t strip your colour and is kind enough to use on your face.
- Pat dry after showering- not not rub dry
- When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some colour wash off. Don’t worry. This is quite normal as it is only the colour guide that the spray tan technician uses when the tan is applied.
- A sunless tan can begin to fade over time as the skin’s natural cells begin to flake off and regenerate. The more moisture in your skin, the longer your tan will last and the more natural it will appear. Hydrate the skin with quality moisturizers and drink plenty of water.
- Moisture Mositure Mositure after you tan to extend your golden glow
- Never exfoliate immediately after a spray tan. The skin only goes scaley when you don’t moisturise regularly twice a day after your spray tan.
- Once they see the tan start to fade/go patchy usually after a good 5 – 7 days, to gently exfoliate every day. This should help the tan fade more evenly and avoid the scaly look that it can give the skin and always try to keep your skin moisturised.
- Use Sienna X products from the prolong range to extend the life of your tan and keep your gorgeous glow.
- Avoid long hot baths and showers as these speed up exfoliation.
- Cholorinated pools /Hot Tubs or sea water as these can reduce your tan. Applying a waterproof sunscreen prior to subemerging can reduce the fading process.
Now you should be all prepared for your spray tanning experience. Incase you missed the preparation stage before your spray tan, check out the top 10 tips to prepare.