Achieving a beautiful sunless tan without mistakes is easy when your skin is properly prepared for the treatment. Your spray tanning appointment itself is quick and can be completed in as little as ten minutes which allows you the freedom to prep your skin to suit your schedule. Preparations can be done in advance and will smooth out the skin to give the best base for your spray tanning product. So to achieve a flawless, natural tan by following these simple 10 tips.
1. Buff away dry skin before treatment with a gentle natural exfoliator. This will make your tan last much longer by revealing new skin.
2. Wax at least 24 hours before treatment, ideally 48 hours before to allow the pores to close.
3. Shave at least 24 hours before treatment and apply a rich moisturiser to replenish dry skin.
4. Moisturise generously the day before, ideally overnight. This will prevent dryness and provide the perfect tanning base.
5. Rinse off any products, perfume, oils, moisturisers and make up before attending your spray tanning appointment.
6. Dark, loose cotton and jersey fabrics and dark underwear without tight waistbands are ideal to wear before and after your spray tan. Some of the guide colour can be easily removed by tight fitting clothing so it is best to keep clothing loose.
7. If you are new to spray tanning, a patch test before your treatment is always recommended to ensure the tanning formula is suitable for your skin.
8. Take some hair ties along with you if you have long hair to keep the back of your neck and shoulders free.
9. If you have to run any errands after your spray tan, you can take deodorant to apply afterwards once your tan has set.
10. Applying nail polish to fingers and toes will help to protect the nails from any discolouration from the tanning product.
If it is your first time receiving a spray tan it is advisable to have a patch test done before your treatment. However, it is very rare for the skin to have any adverse reactions to spray tan formulas as the active chemical ingredient works by reacting with naturally occurring amino acids in the skin.
After following these useful tips you are ready to get your spray tan to achieve the best results.
There is a range of products which SiennaX have to help in preparation and to prolong, these products will be tried and tested and if they are up to scratch, I will begin to stock them and tell you what I think. Have you used SiennaX products before?